A fun, informative and hands on workshop day, providing an intimate and unique insight into the British Trust for Ornithology, the different job roles of the organisation, the integrity of BTO science, volunteering for the BTO and the role of BTO science in wider conservation, to young members of A Focus On Nature.
You can read the full programme here.
You can also follow our young speakers here.
Date: Wednesday 16th April 2014
Venue: The BTO, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2PU
Time: 09:30 – 17:00
Food & Refreshments: Will be included in the cost of a ticket
Ages: A Focus On Nature is officially for ages 16 to 30, although in this instance we are encouraging younger children to attend, so long as they are accompanied by a responsible adult. We are looking at between 30 and 50 delegates in total.
Tickets are priced at £10. This includes all refreshments, lunch & workshops.
We are going to be running a car pool incentive scheme to cut down the environmental impact of the event, as well as making it a lot cheaper for you to attend. See here for more details.
• To learn about the British Trust for Ornithology, including careers, history, volunteering, surveys and staff
• To learn about different ways of interacting with birds
• To learn about the importance of scientific integrity in wider nature conservation
• To meet professional conservationists working for the BTO
• To meet and network with other young birders and conservationists
• To get hands on experience of different surveys
• To present their own connections to birds to a wider audience of largely their own age, in a safe, secure and friendly environment
Accommodation is not provided with the event, although there are plenty of local campsites if you’re travelling long distances. There are also Travelodges near Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
For a booking form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or download a form from our Facebook page. We are limited in the amount of space we have, so please book early!